...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, March 07, 2009

VEERING OFF COURSE FOR A BIT....

Although it is Saturday, there is no adventure to share. Originally that would not have been the case, but life has a peculiar way of rewriting itself and loudly letting us know our preferred plans are out the window!

I will not be going to the annual Irish Festival today. It is an event which lasts all day and into the latest hours of the night. My 18 year old son and his friends let it slip that while I was at the Irish Fest they would be having a party at my house. Whoa!!! Slam on the brakes! As the quasi-responsible parent to a hormonally driven teen I knew these dual plans (Irish Fest and party) were not compatible in the least. I opted to stay home to chaperon this "party" (who am I kidding... to make sure my house and belongings aren't compromised). My reasoning is two-fold. Ross just celebrated his birthday this week and I have no objection to having a celebration with his friends. Secondly, perhaps if they figure out the plan to have a party "while Mom is away" has been discovered they will opt out! (Is this reverse logic or just being a paranoid mom?)

Nonetheless, here I sit on a beautiful Saturday at home instead of taking photos.

I do, however, have several chores I am trying to complete. A few days ago I started "deep cleaning" my bedroom. I mean cleaning it from top to bottom, throwing out everything I don't need or use, getting rid of books I will never read a second time, etc. I have a mountain of items slated for Goodwill. The downside to all this productivity is that as I put things away I find even more things I need to get rid of.... I put some books on a shelf in another room and happened to notice objects in that room to add to the donation pile. So now I am "deep cleaning" two rooms instead of one.

I might even have a photo to share later in the day if I get back to work now. So.....

Until later....

No comments: