...of Jaunts and Journeys

Sunday, August 30, 2009

TOTALLY RANDOM WEEKEND

This guy (or gal) was on the ceiling of my porch last night. I grabbed the camera. This was the best I could do since he was on a surface many feet above my head. I used the telephoto zoom lens.



Ended up driving to Oklahoma. It was so long since I'd been out of the state of Texas that tears of joy came to my eyes as I crossed the state line. I was thrilled. Not that I hate Texas; crossing into Oklahoma felt like a true getaway! Took a drive through the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge again (on the Texas side of Lake Texoma). Here are the Great Egrets which are very common and high in number.


A Great Blue Heron. We saw quite a few of these large birds. The wingspan is approximately 6 feet.


Some of the flora.




Practicing stop action as the waves crashed against rocks.


Here is yet another Gena "accident" shot. I saw the shot of the lake framed between the trees with the rocks in the foreground and thought "terrific". Just as I snapped the picture a sailboat entered the frame. How was I to know this was going to be one of my favorite shots of the entire adventure!



Rusty silos at a cotton gin (still in operation).



From the truck as we drove to Dallas Farmer's Market. Apparently something about RUST appeals to my senses because I find it of great interest in photographs.






Until the next post.....

No comments: