...of Jaunts and Journeys

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

CAMERA PLAY

The other night I made the opportunity to play with the 50mm fixed focus lens and experimented with bokeh. Another thing which I need to practice is post-processing to achieve the ultimate composition regardless of how cluttered the photo I've managed to capture.

This shot included much more originally and the details of the elements on the table were lost. The side of the sofa as well as a framed picture on the wall (not to mention Christmas stockings no longer filled) made the photo cluttered and busy. Then I noticed the gold ribbon and the red ribbon and started cropping. I also "erased" the name on the stocking so the eye had nothing to draw it away from the main focus I was trying to achieve. I'll keep working on this concept!



(I'm not liking the way this new template is formatting!!!) The remaining photos were a play with bokeh and no flash. Another concept upon which I will continue to work!






Until it gets warm enough to go on an a "real" adventure...

1 comment:

Robin in Short Pump said...

Gena, I love my 50mm f/1.4! I shoot wide open with it all the time. It's "bokeh-licious!"