...of Jaunts and Journeys

Thursday, January 06, 2011

SO MUCH FOR **THAT** IDEA

I started with great intentions. I was going to walk and take photos every day. However, after the very first day of walking my right foot started hurting so badly I could barely walk all day Sunday.

By Monday I was in continuous pain and decided it would be best to visit the doctor. After xrays it was determined there were multiple bone spurs in my foot and an appointment with a foot surgeon was arranged. I have that appointment next Wednesday.

So much for my plans. But I'll be the first to admit I have always abused my feet and have always had particular trouble with my right foot/leg (pulled tendons, strained ligaments, "charlie horses", walking barefoot all over town when a teenager, wooden clogs, ill-fitting shoes, high heels, etc). At age 55+ it seems to have caught up to me and now I am paying the price. Gee, didn't my mom warn me this was going to happen???

Until further developments...

No comments: