...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy APRIL 4TH

I've been meaning to update this blog for several days. Time has continued to march on despite my wish for it to slow down.


I bought myself a new camera and have been devoting time to getting acquainted with it. I am reading books and manuals and websites. I am doing online tutorials. I am studying photographs taken at various settings and trying to discern the affects (and techniques) of the differing lenses and corresponding settings.
The main reason I bought the camera was so I could take pictures of quilts. I get frustrated that my point-and-shoot camera can't squeeze everything into the shot. I am maddened when I want to show quilting details and get nothing but a blur because the camera doesn't like close-ups. Never again. Now the frustration comes from the sense of overwhelm I feel as I try to digest and absorb all the new terminology.

That out of the way, here is a photo essay (of sorts) showing what I've accomplished with the camera thus far.
This is a picture taken with my old HP Photosmart.

This was taken with the new digital SLR camera. The main difference is that the entire quilt is now in the frame rather than "chopped off" along the borders.


Here is the camera I got:



I wish everyone a terrific weekend. I am headed outdoors to enjoy the few rays of sunshine we've been afforded today. Maybe I will take some pictures of some flowers... or some bugs. As far as photography goes, I can tell I am fascinated by the micro world. I think its a holdover from my days of being fond of microscopes!

Until I get the hang of things......









No comments: