...of Jaunts and Journeys

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

No Time for F-U-N...almost

Today I started a new (second) job. There are a myriad of reasons why this additional job became necessary, but rather than expound from that perspective, let me just say that I LOVE what I am doing!!

I have become a retail merchandiser. I am one of those ladies (or men) you see in a store who are rearranging and restocking vendor items.... greetings cards, magazines, books, etc. I am servicing the Disney DVD accounts in various stores around my neighborhood.

Last week I did my new hire training and this week I am doing my field training.

There are very few things to dislike about this job. The biggest adjustment seems to be one of remembering all the details about what paperwork needs to be completed where and when. The accounts are all within a few miles of my house so there is little to no time spent behind a wheel getting from account to account. In some instances one shopping center houses multiple accounts on my list, making the drive even less a factor. (Worth a great deal in these days of exorbitant gasoline prices!)

Other than that, I am so used to having my afternoons free that now it seems I am having to relearn how to budget my spare time so as to squeeze in all my personal chores.

Sewing?? What is that????

Until I get more coordinated with juggling all these new tasks.....


1 comment:

Perry said...

I finally caught up with your posts. Glad things are going well and Happy Belated Birthday!!! I always enjoyed being a vendor. When Ron was alive I worked with him for a couple of years and it was fun. No more free afternoons huh? No more sewing time, lol. Take Care!