...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, August 11, 2008

PROGRESS REPORT

I finally reached a stopping point and took a break long enough to share those photos I promised. The next installment of the Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter Shop was received and promptly completed. The "special other" doesn't like the colors. He claims they look too matronly and remind him of something his grandmother would have. ROFL .... to me that is a good thing. It means it conveys the notion of nostalgia.... the very thing that calms my being. He likes bright, vivid colors. And when it comes to Christmas colors only the brightest, truest hues will do in his mind! In this instance I disagree with him... unless we are talking lime green in lieu of pine green for the holidays! (I have a holiday tablerunner pattern and fabrics that are the brightest lime, turquoise, and cherry colors you ever saw!)



This is the latest progress on the king-size Christmas quilt that Cindy and I have each been doing. She is finished. I lack a narrow border and then the final, outer border. At the present the top is measuring 96" square. I will add borders to make the final dimensions 109" x 109". WOW!! It is huge. The main reason I am slowing in my progress now is because the top is so large, so bulky, and so HOT during these days of infernal heat. But I am plodding forward and hope to complete the borders in short order.

Of course we have been watching the Olympics. Since this is a household with a swimmer, we are glued to the TV screen whenever Michael Phelps is swimming. My son's best events include backstroke and butterfly so he is particularly enthralled when those are the heats being featured.

One final word..... Cindy, you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. A big quilty hug to you.

Until I have something further to say.....

No comments: