...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, October 25, 2008

SEWING ..... #94

Lately I've been sewing. Might have something to do with the fact that with temperatures below the melting point a person can actually have some of the sewing project resting in the lap without roasting.

This is a tablerunner of my own devise (with some help from Joyce S.) made from Holly Jolly Christmas brights purchased last year during one of my adventures. If I remember correctly, this fabric was purchased in Waxahachie, Texas at
Common Threads Quilting exactly one year ago during the Texas Country Reporter festival. (That festival is taking place this weekend. We are not going. Mr. High School Senior is taking his ACT Test this morning and I need to drive the taxi later.)


Here is a sketch of what I did for quilting lines... primitive Christmas trees.



There is one festival in the local area today which starts at noon. I'm not familiar with it to know if it is worth attending, but we might give it a try... unless all the college football games are too exciting to leave the house. I know a certain OSU graduate person who is counting on his undefeated #6 Oklahoma State University Cowboys beating undefeated #1 ranked University of Texas. I am biased... the fact that my brother, my brother's wife, my brother's oldest daughter, and both of my sister's sons either graduated from or are currently attending the University of Texas dictates that I, a graduate of Texas A&M University, the bitter rivals of t.u., and now the S.O. to that unnamed OSU graduate "certain person" mentioned above (Harry), must necessarily cheer for O S U!!!! Go Cowboys!!! (and not the Dallas variety).


Until the games are over....

No comments: