...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, May 16, 2009

PICTURE TIME!!!

I haven't added pictures in quite awhile so this post is varied and covers a lot of topics. First of all, here is a picture of Ross and his girlfriend before their Senior Prom. I've been playing with the Photoshop software and am quite pleased that I've actually learned (i.e. memorized) how to add vignette to a portrait. I am still experimenting to find the optimum settings, but for now I am content with the results.


My almost-94 year old grandmother was again in the hospital. On the morning of Mother's Day Ross and I went to visit her. My uncle was also there (Grandma is his Mom) so I took a photo of Ross with his great uncle. We had a wonderful visit. I took pictures of Ross and Grandma too, but I don't think Grandma would be too happy if she knew I was sharing photos of her in such a vulnerable state.




We drove to Galveston to pick up Janelle's belongings (again!) and this was the sunset over the Houston skyline when we were headed back north to Dallas. This was on the south side of Houston on northbound Interstate 45.




The waves were HUGE in Galveston. It was very windy and the beaches were a mess; jellyfish, trash, birds, etc. But it was glorious all the same. I was hoping to see turtles heading to the beach to lay eggs, but alas we didn't see any. Darn!!







Wes came to visit yesterday. Again I was playing with the camera and the Photoshop editor. Wes was thrilled with this picture. I was able to remove "pimples" from the photo and he was happily uploading his portraits to his myspace page last I knew. We spent some wonderful time together.





Last year I shared photos of my vegetable garden as it grew and never once remembered to share photos of "the finished product". This year I am sharing the ripened photos and hopefully some photos after the harvested goodies are prepared into dishes. Here is ONE lonely strawberry from my ONE lonely little strawberry plant.






Inside looked just as good as the outside. We ate it.






I dug up loads of onions today. I planted both red and white onions in February. Here are some of the resultant onions. They are drying in the garage for a couple days to get a "skin" on them.





And that catches everyone up on the activities around here.


Until the next time.......






1 comment:

Mz. Cathryn's Blurbs <3 said...

Thanks Ms. Gena for the welcome!!! That's really cool that ross got to visit with his great uncle, i'm sorry that your grandma is in the hospital.. I know things can be tough, but when you going gets tough stay strong. :)