...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, April 09, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY....

I reached my 56th year earlier this week. I celebrated by taking a day off work (I never take vacation so I decided this year I will at least take a day here and there for "me") and going to the Dallas Zoo. I hadn't made a return visit in several years and was anxious to see the new exhibits being heavily advertised. Besides, it was a great excuse for toting the camera gear.

The last time we went to the Zoo, it was a very cold, winter day. I think there were a total of ten visitors that day. Needless to say, many of the animals had stayed indoors rather than brave the elements like their stupid human counterparts. So last time there were no gorillas to photograph. This time I headed to their habitat first! I share now a brief "show" of what was seen. No commentary necessary.










And that was that!

Until another post...



No comments: