...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, April 11, 2011

SPRING FLOWERS

The other day I was the lucky recipient of 2 spring floral bouquets; one from my parents and the other from my sister. There are definitely some advantages to having a birthday in springtime. Here I share some of the photos. I was playing with closeups without benefit of a macro lens.





Beautiful lilies!


Look at the fallen pollen on the petal. Wow! No wonder we sneeze so much in the spring.




Lime green flowers. I once saw a rose this color at the Tyler Rose Festival.




Several weeks ago I noticed some female cichlids in my aquarium were incubating fry in their mouths. This weekend I discovered they had been released and were hiding in the plants and rocks. Trying to take their photos proved more than a bit difficult. I tried numerous times without much success. Manual focus is the best way to shoot.... but even though this photo below is very out of focus, I loved the colors.





Finally I was able to capture a tiny fish among the leaves. Total length is about 1/4 inch!



It's been an eventful few days.... depending on your perspective. I broke a tooth over the weekend; visited the dentist this morning to learn the best he could do was pull the dang thing. Not very good news, but at least I was able to get into the dentist quickly. Hopefully the residual pain will subside in a few hours.

Until another day....

No comments: