...of Jaunts and Journeys

Thursday, March 20, 2014

8 YEARS.... OOPS, MAKE THAT NINE YEARS!!!

Today this blog is EIGHT NINE YEARS OLD!! Looking back, I've shared hundreds of photos, could have shared thousands more, was diligent with my posting, failed to post for long periods of time, and have thoroughly enjoyed having a place to call my own for musings.

So today, to celebrate the eight nine years I've been blogging, I will post yet again.

Life has been a merry-go-round. Or a rollercoaster. Maybe it's been a Tilt-A-Whirl... you know... that amusement park ride that goes round-n-round and then starts going up and down as well. I always liked those better than either the merry-go-round (made me dizzy) or the rollercoaster (didn't mind going UP, but coming DOWN always made my stomach turn).

The weather has been decidedly spring-like lately. DUH!!! It's March 20th, the first day of spring! During my lunch hour at work my favorite thing to do is drive to a nearby park to read or watch the ducks. (I used to walk to the park, but hip problems prevent me from doing much walking of any considerable distance these days).

The other day I discovered a new route to one of my favorite lunchtime hangouts. Thought I'd share.

This is where I would live if  1. I could afford the house, and 2. I could maneuver the 2-stories with my bum hip (and ankle and knee).

Here:



Or one of these...

 
 
Because THIS would be my front yard.... literally......
 
 


 
A rose garden!! I have to admit, Farmers Branch (Texas) has some beautiful parks. My favorites are like this one, tucked away in quiet residential areas.
 

Owl box? On closer inspection there is evidence the box has been used, but whether or not by an owl remains to be discovered.

 


It truly is a "City in a Park".



And if I lived in one of these houses, even Arthur (my yorkie) could venture to the park with me without fear of thirst. How convenient is that???

 
Until another day....




No comments: