...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, March 31, 2014

BACKYARD ACTIVITIES

The weekend weather was perfect! Perfect for puttering in the yard. I staked some yard art that likes to topple when the wind plays havoc. I relocated a hook used for a birdseed feeder to a different location and, on a whim, put the hummingbird feeder on the hook. Within a few hours, I witnessed hummingbirds enjoying the nectar. They are back!! This news made me smile.

Yes, the owl is still in residence. I haven't heard her/him calling except for the initial announcement that the owl box was being used. I have seen the owl sitting in the opening and then withdraw into the box. I've not seen it come or go. It is either sitting in the opening or it isn't. But it's now been about a week since the discovery of its presence, so I have to assume this will be its permanent home for at least a while.

Will try to remember to have my camera at the ready as I continue to putter with the flowers and gardens.

Until then....

No comments: