...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, January 25, 2008

Okay....

I think I am getting the hang of this! I've played with gadgets and widgets. Some work better than others. A person could go crazy with the toys in the sidebar, but then they might get detracted from the real content of the pages and posts.

I got a new computer last week (both the desktop and the laptop decided to quit working on the same day!) and still need to transfer files to the new hard drive. Most of my photos are still on the old computer and therefore I don't have much to share in my posts when it comes to photos. Perhaps I will have a chance to complete the transfer process soon.

Tomorrow I am going to Fort Worth to the annual Stock Show and Rodeo. This year, rather than use gas in the truck (the Stock Show Arena is about 50 miles from my house), fight for parking, and then pay for parking, we are taking the rail system. We get the commuter train a couple miles from my house and then ride to Union Station in downtown Dallas. We change to the TRE (Trinity Rail Express) to ride to Fort Worth. The best part about the TRE is that the cars are double-decker with panoramic viewing. I've been wanting to ride this train for ages.

My 16-year-old son, a junior in high school, has FINALLY started thinking about college. He is now signed up to take the SAT in a few weeks and has filled out the paperwork to visit Texas A&M University (whoop!! I am an alum of TAMU) in March when the school hosts a visit for Dallas area high school juniors and their parents. Ross wants to double-major in some Engineering disciplines. We will be taking a bus chartered by the university. The best part is that same day the Aggie basketball team is playing Oklahoma State in College Station. My "special other" plans to make the trek with us so we can watch his alma mater get slaughtered by my alma mater. LOL

I think I've rambled enough. I am trying to fill up space that eventually can be devoted to photos. In the meantime, this is practice for getting into the habit of posting here rather than to the email lists.

Hope anyone who reads this has a wonderful day. I know I will... it is Friday and the weekend is here at last. It's been a loooong week!!

Gena

No comments: