...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The weekend begins

Good Saturday morning!!! I've been up since before 6 a.m. I don't understand why I can't sleep late on the weekend. I have to take Ross to work before I can leave for Fort Worth. Figured I'd put the spare time to good use.

I've been sewing some of the BOM blocks this morning. I cut a couple of them out last night and then decided I was too tired to piece them. After a good night's rest they were a snap to put together. You are right, Cindy! The larger blocks go together faster than the small ones. Now my goal is to finish the remainder of this installment before Monday morning.

We have very dense fog this morning. That won't lend well to watching scenery from a train window, I'm afraid. I guess it will simply be motivation to take the ride again on a clear day.

So off I go for a day of stomping through cattle barns. It will be a blast. Harry says I am a redneck in disguise. Perhaps I am. I do enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of livestock. My childhood memories of my great-grandparents' farm are vivid!

A wonderful day to all.....

1 comment:

Perry said...

The train ride sounds like fun! I hope you have a wonderful time stomping through the "mud", lol