...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, July 26, 2008

LIKE OLD TIMES.....

Today has been a day like old times. I've pretty much done nothing but sew and cook all day. I suspect there is a reason for all these stress-relieving activities, although I am not sure I can pinpoint a cause. All I know is that I am in a grumpy mood and don't feel like being around other people. I don't suppose the fact that the temperature is hovering above 100 degrees for the past several days with promises to continue to do so for the foreseeable future has anything to do with it!! Never!!! Like someone said to me.... I've been living here for 42 years. You'd think I would be used to this heat by now. I find the opposite to be true. The older I get the less tolerant I am of this sweltering hot spot.

My solution to combating the heat is to stay in the air conditioning unless it is absolutely necessary to venture outdoors.

I went to take pictures of my progress on the blocks I am sewing.... the camera battery needed to be charged. Cancel that idea!! That means the next time I share a pictorial progress report it will look like I have really been ambitious.

Now the secret.... someone dear to me is going out of town for the next week or so. We've not been apart for more than a day or two for the past couple of years. I am feeling very unsettled, out-of-sorts, and insecure about this. It is driving me nuts that I am being so emotional about it.

Yes, sewing and cooking are good stress relievers.

Until this passes........

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I can understand that....I don't like it when my honey is away. :(