...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, July 18, 2008

THIS AND THAT... AND A LITTLE MORE

It is HOT HOT HOT outside lately. Shouldn't come as any surprise since this *is* Texas in summer, but just once I'd like to wake up some morning and hear the high today was only headed to 70... or even 80 would be a relief. But no.....

So I stayed in the air conditioning doing some sewing projects. The picture below is further progress on a king-size Christmas quilt. I am running out of space to spread the thing out for pictures...unless I start moving furniture. At the present stage, it measures 68" square and will eventually be 109" square! Please forgive the lousy picture. I thought I had the camera on auto-focus and instead it was on manual focus.


The mail finally arrived... and included was the Month 2 Mystery Block-of-the-Month I am doing with several other blogger friends. I was glad to see it since it was only coming from South Texas and had been notified a full week ago that it had been sent. I never dreamed it would take an entire week to travel about 300 miles! But the block arrived and I can quit worrying. I sewed it together after I worked on the quilt shown above.

Here is a picture of the first 2 blocks side by side. I really like the colors and the sense of festive holiday they exude.

So now I am ready to proceed with more of my in-progress projects. This afternoon I had a notion that I'd really like to make an autumn pumpkin pattern I've been meaning to do for several years. I have all the supplies.... now to find the motivation.

Until I decide what to do......

No comments: