...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, July 11, 2008

SOMEONE NOTICED!!

My seventeen year old son came into the room, walked up behind the chair at which I was sitting, put his arms around my neck and said, "What is wrong, Mom? You are sewing and you haven't done any sewing in forever." I smiled at this, giving him credit for an astute observation. Venturing into territory which I had not exactly wanted to psychologically explore.... let alone verbalize aloud, I explained the reason I was staying at home and he accepted the explanation without further comment. That was the extent of his clever acuity. He was out the door on his way to the pool. But at least someone noticed that I was in a different "mode".

The proof -- This is the messy cutting table.




The result of sitting at the sewing machine looks like this. These are the rows of small churn dash blocks which go around the perimeter of the center medallion:



And this is the result of my diligence this afternoon:



Now I am ready to proceed with the next "round" of blocks to go on this center medallion. (The final result will have this large square set on point.)


Depending on my mood, I might easily sit here sewing the entire weekend. We are supposed to go to a Peach Festival a couple of counties away, but the weather is just too dang hot to really want to venture far from the air conditioning.

Until I decide what to do......




No comments: