...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, July 28, 2008

ONLY 82 MORE TO GO!!

I've been working on a Christmas quilt again. Last weekend I received a Christmas card in the mail. Yes, you read that correctly. A friend lives in the northeast and there is a radio station which has a Christmas in July celebration each year. Right around July 25th I received the card and was directed to "do something cool" in honor of the winter celebration. Since there was no snow for a snowball fight, nor frozen pond for ice skating (although if I'd wanted to fork over some hard earned cash I could have rented skates at the Galleria for a spin around the giant rink), I settled for sewing on a Christmas project. Here is the progress report....

Lots and lots of these.....

...turned into some of these.

Piles and piles of these (plus piles of green and piles of red)......


...turned into these.


And when I finish making 82 more of the blocks above, I can sew it all together and get this:


Or not.
Until I have more to share.....


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is going to be really pretty....I love it!

Perry said...

you may actually get this finished by Christmas, lol. Looking good!