...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, January 12, 2009

ANOTHER MONDAY

Another weekend is gone! It went so fast it doesn't even seem it was here at all. I accomplished no sewing.

Decided to call the fall tomato-growing venture a lost cause, but learned a few things in the process. We've been covering them when the temperatures dip near or below freezing, and although they continue to grow in size, they are not ripening on the vines.

A few observations:
1. Green tomatoes WILL ripen in the house if they are at a certain point on the vine.
2. Tomatoes seem to ripen from the inside to the outside; the inside starts turning red before the outside shows this color.
3. Green tomatoes work well in Salsa Verde in place of tomatillos.

I started filling out the FAFSA forms to get Ross financial aid for college. I can already see I need to do my 2008 tax return as soon as I get the W-2 forms. No waiting until April 15 this year!

Gasoline has gone up over 20 cents in the past week, I can't believe it!! I assume it has to do with the lousy weather in the north and east, as well as the conflict(s) broiling in the oil supplying Middle East.

I watched a great deal of NFL playoff activity. Some of 'my' teams won; others lost. Oh well... it is only a game.

Several people have reported lost jobs in their families. I am praying for these folks and hoping something great comes their way in a hurry. If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Until I can upload pictures and make a *real* post.....

No comments: