...of Jaunts and Journeys

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

AUTUMN... AT LAST! (and a few other notes)

The weather the past few days has been perfect! As I was walking to my SUV yesterday afternoon I had a thought: A day like today makes you forget all about the recent 100+ degree days on which you vowed you hated the heat, were going to leave as soon as you had the chance, and a myriad of other sworn oaths (some under the breath and some not).


The cool mornings make all the difference. Walking outside in the morning to temperatures in the 50s makes it all worthwhile.

The fall garden is planted, although I do need to plant some bearded iris and daffodil bulbs this afternoon. We planted tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and cabbage. I am hoping this agricultural experiment is a success. I took pictures. The cabbage is growing visibly in the few days it has been planted. (Unfortunately, so are the weeds!)

It may be too late for tomatoes, but a couple weeks ago it was so hot the transplants would have surely fried under the sun.

This is where I planted broccoli, cauliflower, and lettuce. It needed to be protected by the fencing to keep some little dog I know from eating the leaves of the greens!!

Notice the jalapeno peppers that continue to grow!

I also wish Janelle a very happy 21st birthday. (It was Monday, as was my brother's 50th birthday). I am wishing them both longevity, health, and prosperity.

Tonight we are going to a Texas Rangers baseball game. I have never seen the new baseball stadium, so this will be a treat. Of course, I plan to take pictures.

Until then...

No comments: