...of Jaunts and Journeys

Saturday, September 13, 2008

STAYING BUSY ON A RAINY DAY

Anyone making a project using the delicious collection Portobello Market by 3 Sisters for Moda? (I used a link to FQShop since it showed all the prints in the FQ bundle). This is one of the prettiest collections of fabric I've seen in recent times... or maybe it is just one of the few to catch my eye!


The block below is the latest installment for the Mystery Block of the Month some of us are doing. The lighting in the room is gloomy today so the colors seem distorted despite the use of a flash.

As I was uploading the picture of Block 4, I realized I'd never taken a picture of Block 3, so I've compensated by adding a photo of all 4 blocks to date.

I have been making Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup today. It is my favorite thing to eat, and in fact, often eat it for breakfast. I got in that habit after a stay in the hospital in which I could only eat very soft things. So I eat lots of Chicken Noodle Soup. I prefer it rather plain.... noodles, chicken, carrots, celery, and parsley.

I received the quilt backing I ordered so now there is nothing preventing me from completing the Seneca Falls project I started ages ago. I need to contact the quilter to see if she can make a slot for me. I'm not in a hurry... better late than never... and as the Dear Jane group espouses, better finished than perfect!!

Another item I recently ordered arrived in the mail yesterday. I decided I want to make vintage aprons to wear when I cook. Anyone who is around me when I cook will tell you that I am a very messy cook. I find it a waste to use paper towels every time I wash my hands or a utensil, so I have perfected the art of using my oversized tshirt or house dress as my apron/towel. However, I have promised myself I cannot begin the apron journey until I complete the remaining 42 blocks for my bed quilt! This is doable!!

Until I have more progress to report....

No comments: