...of Jaunts and Journeys

Sunday, September 28, 2008

TOPSY-TURVY

Saturday was one of those days were nothing went as planned. Everything got rearranged for one reason or another.

I didn't go to Galveston as had originally been planned (only one vehicle per residence was allowed on the island), so I decided I'd devote the day to sewing on my quilt; hopefully completing it.

First I decided to clean the pool. That was an involved process because there was mustard algae to kill. This is an airborne algae that is difficult to eradicate when there are as many windy days as we've had lately. I took the water sample to the pool supply store and upon analysis I was given a detailed handout of the procedure I needed to follow. Nearly $100 later (pool chemicals), 2 and a half hours later (after adding the chemicals at prescribed intervals, circulating through the pool system for a specified duration, and then brushing the pool in between each step), and after following all the directions, I was finished with that little chore... which is not little by any means!

Next I decided I would go visit Kayla (I was taking care of her during the day while Harry was in Galveston getting Janelle's belongings), let her out to do her doggy thing, and water my veggie garden. Snails or something have been attacking the cabbage leaves, so not only did I water, I also dusted everything for pests.

By now it was well after 2:30 PM and I'd yet to sew Stitch One on my intended sewing project.

After driving the mom-taxi a few times, picking up some items at the grocery store, and making sure my son got some nutritional sustenance I was finally able to sit down to work on my quilt ......AT 10:15 PM!!!!!!!

It is now 1:20 AM and I can report that I have completed all 4 of the pieced borders and lack only to attach them. I will do that tomorrow (or soon) and then share a picture.

Speaking of pictures.... we got the proof of Ross's senior class picture and I am so happy. It is truly a wonderful picture of my almost-grown son.

Time for bed.

Until later today.....

No comments: