...of Jaunts and Journeys

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

#99.. ONE MORE TO GO

Thanks for the prayers for my sister. Tests showed nothing of consequence at this time and she will have a recheck in six months. No news is good news!

Today has been filled with chores, work, and tasks. I worked all day at my jobs and now try to get required monies sent to various recipients for completed college applications for Ross. Have SAT scores sent here, send non-refundable application fee there, etc. I am beginning to think these College Board agencies are little more than rip-off outfits. Ross took the SAT as a junior. He hadn't a clue where he wanted to go to college. He had 9 whole days after he signed up for the test to devise a list of score recipients. Well, he didn't do it (it was well over a year ago).... and now to get scores sent to the universities in which he has interest requires a FEE.... even though he didn't use the handful of FREE sends that came with the test registration.

My big news is that I finally got a quilt top sent to a quilter. I can't wait to see what she does. It is my Christmas gift to myself this year... that and a new water heater. Neither of these things will fit under a tree.

Making the rounds for my Disney job has been fun this week. I am in all the grocery stores as they put out all the Christmas merchandise. At least this is putting a smile on my face. Harry made me watch a Christmas program last night (on-demand) to "get [me] in the holiday spirit". Oh [comfort and] Joy!!!

My next post will be my 100th post since beginning this blog over 3 years ago. I am trying to think of a way to make it special.

Until I come up with an idea....

1 comment:

Perry said...

Hi, Gena. Glad your sister showed clear. That is really scary! And Patrick is growing up; hope he is doing well. I know you are doing a happy dance about your quilt. Can't wait to see it done. Isn't it good to have a fun job?