...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, November 28, 2008

THE AFTERMATH

We had a lovely Thanksgiving feast yesterday with Harry and his daughter, Janelle. Harry and I each contributed various items on the menu and together we created an entire meal. We had all the traditional fixings... turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, dressing, corn, rolls, jello, and dessert.

This was my dessert contribution: Mixed Berry Cheesecake, recipe courtesy of Ina Garten on Food Network. It tasted as good as it looks!



As for today, there were no 4 a.m. treks to the mall to get the best deal of the century on any item. In fact, I am cooking a stuffed turkey as we speak so that I can have some leftovers and make turkey soup.

Later today Ross has some friends coming over to help him decorate the yard with Christmas lights. I am hoping to experiment with taking pictures of the colors and lights after dark. If they work out I will most certainly share.

Other than cooking the turkey today, I hope to make a couple more quilt blocks or work on some other sewing project. I have so many I want to do but only 2 hands and 24 hours in a day. Life isn't fair!!

Until another time...

No comments: