...of Jaunts and Journeys

Sunday, November 30, 2008

LONG WEEKEND

Today was the last day of the long weekend. Much was accomplished although there is little to show for it. For example: I washed, dried, folded and put [nearly] all my quilts on a display shelf. We moved the television, stereo, DVD player, satellite box, etc. to a new entertainment center and the old unit was revamped as a quilt rack. That was just a fraction of the chores.

I continued working on the batik sampler blocks this weekend. Here are the next five completed. When I finish two more I am one-third of the way to the end!!! This is going to be a very colorful sampler. The predominant colors are those I consider "jewel tones" plus a few background colors and other blenders.

I have been experimenting with the camera again. Tonight I was experimenting with the "bulb" setting and the use of a tripod to capture lights in the dark. I experimented on Ross's Christmas display in our front yard because tomorrow night is a tree lighting ceremony which includes fireworks. I am hoping to capture fireworks. Here are the Christmas lights..... we also took a video, but we have to figure out how to upload to YouTube and then embed the video in a blog post.

It was a wonderful holiday weekend. There was much fun and sharing with Harry and Janelle across the consecutive days away from school and work. Nothing was rushed or hurried. It was relaxing and comfortable. The best!

Until I learn how to embed a video.....

1 comment:

Perry said...

your blocks are looking great!!! One of these days I will get back to mine I hope. And I love your Xmas decorations. Ross did a great job!!