...of Jaunts and Journeys

Sunday, November 23, 2008

WEEKEND DOINGS

It has been a busy weekend as well as an exciting weekend. My high school senior got an acceptance letter from his first choice university. He was thrilled (and so was I)!! I am so proud of him!

I finally finished the pillowcases to match the bed cover currently being quilted by a talented woman in Iowa. I can't wait to see the finished results, but in the meantime I can clean my room, get the pillowcases ready, and have all the busy work out of the way so that when the quilt gets back home I can bind it and get it put on my bed as quickly as possible.

This picture below is the next batik sampler block to add to my "completed" column. I have again changed my plans for this sampler quilt. At first I was trying to keep the colors as close as possible to those shown on the cover of the pattern. I decided that I could play with this a bit by experimenting with colors and combinations in each block. After all, it *is* a sampler and that is by definition what a sampler is.... a means to PRACTICE while honing one's skills. And boy, do I need to hone and practice!!


Thanksgiving will be very nice this year. Ross and I are going to Harry's house to share the day with him and Janelle. Harry is making half of the meal and I am contributing the other half. The two "young-uns" are looking forward to seeing each other as well. My parents go visit my elderly grandmother at her assisted living center. My sister makes dinner for all her college kids, and Wes spends the day with his girlfriend and her family. I've quit feeling guilty at not getting to have the whole family together for one big holiday celebration. They simply have to trust that in my heart I love them all dearly and will spend the day reflecting on those feelings of closeness despite being apart.

Ross and I are cleaning house in an effort to get a jump on holiday decorating. We gathered a HUGE pile of things for the recycle bin, cleaned out my vehicle, relocated the entertainment center, took bulk trash out to the curb for collection, shared lunch, and in between we listened to Christmas music and watched the Cowboy game. And that reminds me of some more things I need to accomplish.

Until I take another break....

No comments: