...of Jaunts and Journeys

Sunday, December 21, 2008

ONLY DAYS AWAY...

It is only a few days until Christmas. How did it get here so quickly? That is a bit on the rhetorical side if not out and out redundant! Everyone is busy with last minute preparations... and some of us are just now making initial preparations.

Gifts are all purchased; nothing is wrapped. Menu is planned; groceries are not acquired. Well, that's not entirely true. I went to the meat market yesterday to buy the roast. The trimmings are not yet in house.

The quilt I'd sent out to get quilted is on its way back to me. I cannot wait to see it.

In the meantime, a few pictures to share the season and doings around here:

This is a picture of a Christmas Pyramid. Although this one isn't mine, it reminds me of my childhood. We had a small pyramid; I've no idea what became of it. These are traditional German Christmas decorations and if you want to read more about the origin of these delightful inventions, click on this link:
Christmas Pyramid.


Another nostalgic item from my childhood seems to be bubble ornaments. I have no idea why they make me smile and put a feeling of peace and happiness inside me. I can only attribute it to the fact I must have had some on the Christmas trees in my past.

Here's a great picture! The other day Ross and I were helping Harry and Janelle do the outside decorations at their house. It was a very warm day; nearly 80 degrees. While we took a break to eat a sandwich and drink a bottle of water I captured this woodpecker in the silver maple tree. I am a firm believer that the best photographs happen by accident. Imagine my surprise when I enlarged this one and discovered this fellow had a tasty bug dinner in his beak!


Until I find more time... or have more photos....


No comments: