...of Jaunts and Journeys

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

. . . - - - . . . (in other words... HEEEELLLLLLLP!!)

I need some help in a *major* way. I have been [quasi] commissioned .... cajoled and then out-and-out begged is more like it...to make several quilts which will involve a great deal of applique. Now, while I have done applique projects in the past, it has been quite a few years since I last did the kind of applique being called for on these projects. I will need to do FUSIBLE applique. I have used Wonder-Under and one other (Steam-a-Seam Lite or Steam-a-Seam II??) in the past; wasn't particularly thrilled with the results of either. I need something that will remain relatively soft rather than "cardboardy" as some heavy-duty fusibles can become.

Is there anything new on the market that fits this description? Please share your comments or suggestions about what has been successful for your fusible applique projects...and THANKS!!!!

Until I get a better idea of how to proceed.....

1 comment:

Perry said...

Gena, call Quiltworks and get their Vilene, or Soft Fuse is the new name. It is very, very soft and easy to use. It is 8.65 a yard there. The only other place I saw it on Google was Cotton Club and it was 10.00 a yard. You will like it. And I like most of the music you added, lol.