...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Weekend of Learning

I actually made another batik sampler block. Those things have lots of pieces!! This block has over 40 of the little buggers. I have also planned out the next several blocks. Decided to go in the order they are listed in the pattern so I can alleviate the decision-making process on which to make next!! I've gone through the next several block patterns, assigning the colors. I don't take very good pictures of projects. I don't have a design wall so I lay projects on a table or the floor. I can't get straight away or else the camera and my hand make a shadow across the item being photographed.



I've come to recognize that the hard part for me when it comes to quilting is the decision-making aspect. I am no good at deciding which fabrics/prints, which colors, or even which pattern, for that matter! I would do much better with a BOM or kit where everything is spelled out for me. And even now the current BOM is driving me nuts because I get sent precut strips and have to decide which 2 colors/prints to feature in each of the 14 blocks before I make the sub-cuts. I need a quilt genie!




Went to a wine-tasting class on Saturday night. It was very interesting. The main thing I learned is that I am too poor to afford the really good stuff! I got to see some folks I had not seen in ages, some as long ago as 8 or so years. My sister and I were laughing today about how well or not-so some of the people had aged. We mutually agreed that not everyone had aged as well as she and I have!!! ROFL




Until I again have something interesting to share......





No comments: