...of Jaunts and Journeys

Friday, March 21, 2008

What a week......

This has been a long week. In all likelihood it only seems that way to me because I am feeling puny. I think THE CRUD is trying to take hold in my body....sore throat, aching body parts, that tightness in the chest like something is trying to attack the lungs. I don't really want to get sick!

I've been working on some sewing projects. Mundane mending, for one. Loose buttons, frayed buttonhole, seam coming apart in something else.

Then there is "the" project I am doing under great duress. I am kicking, screaming, and flailing wildly in an attempt to get out of making this one. I don't want to do it because the person for whom I am doing this has a very rigid notion of what is and isn't acceptable. Needless to say, the fact that the *whole* concept is unacceptable to me matters for naught. His idea of a t-shirt quilt means appliquing the ENTIRE t-shirt to a backing. In this instance a flat bed sheet is being used. After the shirts are fused to the backing, a border will be added to lend more color. To make the entire project even more objectionable, he is insisting the project be 2-sided.... yup..... more t-shirts on the back. How do you convince a man his idea is lousy???? The picture below shows the progress. Can you tell that some of the shirts are ready to be fused? I am using lightweight bonding web... but when this is all sandwiched together... you guessed it..... he wants it to be quilted all over. To add insult to injury, he has enough t-shirts to make F-O-U-R of these covers...... yes, FOUR..... 4. He is as thrilled, anxious, and excited to get these assembled as if he is making it himself. (He even offered to help do the applique work. I will pretend I didn't hear him say that)! You gotta love a guy who has that much faith in your abilities... especially when I am having trouble visualizing (let alone conceptualizing) the end result. MEN!!!


T-shirts from all over the world...literally!

I finally got the wayward BOM installment in the mail...only 1-1/2 weeks later!! At this point I'd rather be working on those blocks... but that's another story! When does the Mystery BOM start again? Boy, am I ready.

Until I get out of this funk.....

1 comment:

Perry said...

You know what, Gena. That quilt is going to weigh a ton. Will he let you just tie it? That seems the best thing to do. If you quilt it, it will be a nightmare. no wonder you are kicking and screaming. I would be too. On the bright side, if you get it done then you can do other things, lol. Aud & I are fine, thank you for asking. Just "a tad" putout,lol.