...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, February 11, 2008

Bunnies Galore

I am full of energy and forcing myself to update the blog. I have been working up a storm since I got home at noon.

It started when I took my walk this morning. I'd been in the habit of walking no less than 2 miles per day; sometimes double that or more. When I had surgery in April - and with its unexpected accompanying complications - I was forbidden to exercise. As time has a way, the weeks slipped into months and then, for one reason or another, I was no longer in the habit. This was followed by my recent stays in the hospital and more health issues. I finally decided I was going to have to force myself to get back in the groove.

The real reason though... my high school junior and I will be visiting a university campus this weekend. I know there will be much walking as we go from presentation to presentation. I figure that if I get some good walking in early in the week I will have worked out any stiffness and soreness resulting from the first few miles of reacquainting my body with the routine.

So far the most obvious result of the walk has been this burst of sudden, new found energy. I've cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, washed 3 loads of clothes, straightened my clothes closet, sorted through a pile of 'stuff' for the recycle bin, made plans to go buy some fish so I can set up a small - very small; one-gallon - aquarium at work tomorrow, remembered to get out my state quarters to take to Harry's house (he has some I need and I have a few he lacks), and put the cord for the camcorder in my purse (also to take to Harry's so I can show him how to copy from the camcorder directly to a DVD). This was all in the past hour and fourty-five minutes!!

Likewise, in my burst of energy, this morning before work I found a picture of a quilt top I wanted to show Perry. She also asked to see a pic of the new bunny Harry bought this past weekend.

So, these are for you Perry...


Meet Skittles.... a Lionhead Lop.


Here is a picture of the top/shop sample I did many months ago. It is from the Buggy Barn book Stir Crazy.

Until another time.....


1 comment:

Perry said...

Thank you Gena for sharing the rabbit. He? she? is adorable!! Are you going to keep him at your house? And I love those rabbits. That is one reason I bought that book to begin with. Love it! Glad you are feeling better and are walking again. I don't have enough willpower to do that yet, lol.