...of Jaunts and Journeys

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Good Day

Today has been a good day for many different reasons. The mail was chocked full of goodies to open, for one thing!

Got a box stuffed with fat quarters and backgrounds (as well as a few other goodies) in a deal made with Cindy. Thanks, Cindy!! That was a wonderful surprise. Can't believe it got here so quickly.



The next picture is the reason I've been scrounging for neutral backgrounds. I've had this pattern for years. I always intended to use some cream neutrals, but then got sidetracked when I used nearly all my creams in a pattern called Country Stars. (a top I finished ages ago, and have yet to get it quilted!) I have all the oranges and greens for the pumpkins and now can happily say the creams and tans are now again available in my stash. Does this mean I am back on target to work on The Great Pumpkin Quilt?


There was one last goody in my mail; the next BOM installment for a king-size Christmas quilt I am piecing. Twenty more 8-1/2" blocks and I can begin assembling the center. At the moment 20 sounds like quite a few. LOL

Went to Ash Wednesday Mass at noon with my special other. We are both committed to observing Lent to the fullest extent. We did the same last year and actually succeeded. One thing we *don't* give up is drinking. That is his idea. The reason: then we couldn't drink at Irish Fest in March! Is that the mentality of a Catholic Irishman or what? We also have a wine-tasting event to attend in early March, so this will allow us to enjoy that function as well. The only person with a conflict of interests will be me. I am attending a Spring Cheerleader Banquet with my son on Friday evening. I would bet the fare includes chicken rather than fish! I can always eat veggies, a roll, and dessert. I am sure I won't starve.

Until another post...

No comments: