...of Jaunts and Journeys

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Under the [Bad] Influence

Since the day I first ohhed and ahhed over a quilt, I've been under the influence. Yes, I get giddy (practically with drunkeness) when I am around gorgeous cotton fabrics that lend themselves well to an equally gorgeous quilt pattern. Fortunately I am not alone and in the company of some mighty wonderful people.

Then there are quilters who *are* the bad influence. These are the gals who are forever finding and pointing out new projects that make the rest of us drool. They know exactly how to feed this addiction we have. All they have to do is mention a website, a new offering at an online quilt shop, or a pattern they happened to see in a magazine. The rest of us unquestioningly take a peek at what the fuss is all about and before we know it, we are buying the kit, pulling fabrics from our stash, or signing up for yet another BOM or block swap.

There are some who take care of their addiction on the sly. They find these gorgeous projects, sign up to participate (whether by providing a credit card number or mentally committing to see the thing through), and then, ... see definition of bad influence above. All the while they act innocent and unaffected; like they can display incredible willpower and not succumb to the craving. Who is kidding whom?????

Hello. My name is Gena and I am an addict... ummm, and a bad influence (but only at times)..... as for the rest of you - You know who (and what) you are!!! *grin*

Until I need another 'fix'.....

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Hi Gena
My name Sheri and I'm a quilting addict(smile)
,

Julia said...

Hi Gena,
I found you through Perry's blog. And I am a fellow addict. I just signed up for the new BOM that Perry tempted us with.
Nice to meet you! :0)

Perry said...

I think you must be talking about Cindy being the bad influence, right? Couldn't be me of course, lol. Glad you're going to do the FQ Shop BOM. I think it is gorgeous!

Cindy said...

I knew she would beat me to a smart ass comment but I don't like being referred to as a "what". LOL.

Yvonne said...

Hi Gena....I came over here from Perry's blog where she "did" shamelessly try to tempt me into signing up for the new BOM at the FQ Shop. I'm happy to report that although I am helplessly addicted I did resist the temptation.
Welcome to blogland....you will meet many wonderful ladies who will tempt you beyond belief. :)

Cheryl said...

Hello Gena and welcome...I too am a fellow addict and have given in the BOM temptation thanks to Perry:-)!