...of Jaunts and Journeys

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Today is the last day of Mardi Gras... Fat Tuesday. The political Super Tuesday holds no significance to me.

I've been busy in my "other" life... that of mom, employee, friend, homeowner, daughter, and special other.

That means I've had no time for sewing blocks. I will try to rectify that in the near future. I still have a few blocks left to piece for the latest BOM installment.

I got a very special phone call from my son yesterday in the middle of his day at school. When I saw his caller ID I was sure he was sick and needed me to get him, or more likely, needed me to take him some money for something!! I was pleasantly surprised to hear him telling me he had just been told his class rank (he's a junior). I was so proud of him I nearly burst into tears when he told me. Let's just say he was definitely in the top 10% of his class. Now he's more determined than ever to study so he can have a choice of colleges in a year.

Time to get to bed. I woke two hours before the alarm this morning and have felt grumpy most of the day as a result of that lack of extra sleep.

Until the next time....

No comments: