...of Jaunts and Journeys

Monday, February 25, 2008

Who, me? Procrastinate??

Isn't the snow beautiful? This was taken by relatives in northern Wisconsin. They were enjoying a day of snowmobiling. How I wish I could experience this just once. (Snowmobiles weren't invented yet when I lived there as a young girl.) But I do remember the snow... playing in it, building a snowman, iceskating. I wasn't old enough nor strong enough to do the work associated with the wintery groundcover - the shoveling!!

Some of you think I am crazy to want snow. But if you looked at the thermometer in my sidebar around 5:oo pm you would notice that it reads 82 degrees. Can you imagine 82 degrees on February 25? That is warm enough to turn on the air. No wonder I stay so cash poor.

Progress has been made on the Block-of-the-Month front. I have several blocks fully completed and now the remainder are waiting to be seamed. The blocks are a 9-patch version and all that I lack is the actual assembly of the "patches". The HSTs and the side pieces are finished.

Ummm.... disregard the above paragraph. I got soooo angry at myself for yet again procrastinating and putting off the completion of the BOM installment that as soon as I typed the part about the HSTs I got up from this computer and went to the machine to finish the remaining blocks. I AM ALL CAUGHT UP WITH THE BOM INSTALLMENTS!!!

Other than working on the blocks today, I've been busy. I experimented with making Black Pepper - Prosciutto bread yesterday afternoon. Not 100% successful, but headed the right direction. I should have subdivided the dough into quarters rather than just halving it.

I added some fish to the aquarium. First I took the goldfish to the nearby creek and released them. I couldn't make myself do something as cruel as flush them or give them to my cats. I now have Neon Tetras and Glowlight Tetras.

I need to finish some laundry, think about starting dinner, and find something relaxing to do for the evening. I wonder if I should start another quilt! ROFL Aren't there supposed to be some postings of progress made on a Web Challenge quilt? I am craning my neck to see.......

Until later........ (Cindy, sorry you have the flu. Lot of that going around. Take care of yourself.)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Well I will call you on Wednesday morning and let you know how it is shoveling snow since we will be getting a storm. LOL

Cheryl said...

Good for you for finishing the remaining blocks!! Great pictures of the fish.

Perry said...

You will find out that we who are doing the Web Sampler do not honor our time commitments. IF we don't make progress, then we don't post, lol. Hopefully, we will all be finished by June 2. After all, how long can it take to make 30 blocks! lol Good for you on getting your BOM done! Now start on the batik sampler again so I will get inspired to work on mine!