...of Jaunts and Journeys

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good Day, Sunshine

Yes, as Perry put it in her latest blog entry, it is bright out here. I am also taking that to mean she is feeling better... or at least well enough to crawl out of the rabbit hole in which she was hiding for a few days.

There isn't a cloud in the sky and the temps are supposed to be in the mid 70s. I guess spring will be here soon.

I had to share this with you. I have a confused Christmas Cactus. It is already blooming again after having done so between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I recall reading they can bloom again around Easter, but even this latest blossoming has surprised me. No sooner had I removed the dead blooms from the last flowering when this one started. They must like it here. Also shown is an African Violet. I love these little flowers and the thick, velvety leaves. My paternal grandmother always had violets growing (and blooming) on her porch. They remind me of her.
I suppose that is why I keep some around.




Until the next post.....

2 comments:

Debi said...

Gina, I have one of those plants and it has just barely gotten to this point. I also live in Dallas, and belong to a wild group of ladies called the DFW gang. I am also 52 (March) and an Aries...now if you are left handed and type A personally, we could be twins! lol

Perry said...

Oh, no, you have a twin? LOL....Your cactus and violet are really pretty. They do bring a little sunshine on grey gloomy days, I am sure. No, I am not better, I am worse, going to doc this afternoon.